Taste chicken souvlaki with vegetables in your Skopelos holidays.
Your Skopelos holidays cannot be complete without tasting one of the most traditional recipes in Greece, the chicken souvlaki with vegetables. Very popular amongst Greeks, souvlaki is cooked in many different ways yet chicken souvlaki with vegetables is the most diet-friendly choice, since it contains less calories and offers nutritious elements from the vegetables added, compared to the pork souvlaki.
Above all, your Skopelos holidays should not miss out on this delicacy, since it is one of the recipes that truly capture the heart of the carefree Greek summer spirit.
Take a look on our chicken souvlaki with vegetables recipe here:
- We cut the chicken into large chunks. We select four to five pieces and add them to a ‘kalamaki’, small wooden straw. After repeating the procedure so that all chicken pieces have been used, we put them in a big bowl.
- In another bowl we prepare the marinade that we will add later on to the chicken. We put sesame, a bit of sesame oil and a bit of fresh thyme and we mix it together with a spoon.
- We cut some red and green peppers in small pieces and grill them for 5 minutes.
- We blend the chicken pieces to the marinade and we put them on the grill for 15 minutes, turning them constantly so that they will be evenly cooked on all sides.
- While waiting for the chicken souvlaki to be done, we prepare the sauce. We put a bit of olive oil, a bit of lemon juice and a bit of onion, and mix them well together.
- When the chicken souvlaki is ready, we put it on a plate, we rinse it with the lemon sauce, add a few well cooked vegetables and we present it to your table!
Do not miss out on tasting this delicious chicken souvlaki with vegetables dish during your Skopelos holidays! It is truly worth it!
This post is also available in: Greek