The delicious grilled calamari is one of the most exciting Skopelos recipes. The local fishermen fish everyday from dawn so they present Skopelos restaurants with fresh calamari. The chefs in Skopelos know how to create exciting traditional and modern dishes with calamari, so they can please all guests. The grilled calamari is a traditional recipe that is best enjoyed when cooked with just a few added ingredients.
Read here about the way we cook grilled calamari and uncover all exciting steps in making one of the most popular Skopelos recipes.
- First we slit the calamari tubes up one side and score one side.
- Then we place the tubes and the tentacles in a large bowl and add lemon juice, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- We mix the bowl ingredients well and refrigerate them for 20 minutes.
- Then we preheat the pan on medium to high heat.
- We place the calamari on the grill about one minute per side.
- Then, we cut the tubes into strips and leave the tentacles whole.
- When cooked, we place the calamari on a plate and sprinkle with lemon juice and chopped parsley, as well as some Greek extra virgin olive oil, just before serving.
There is no better chance to enjoy grilled calamari than while you are holidaying in Greece and in the Mediterranean region in general. The fish’s freshness and the chefs’ expertise will offer you a unique gastronomic experience. Order grilled calamari next time you visit Skopelos and find out why it is one of the most popular Skopelos recipes.
This post is also available in: Greek