Food in Skopelos mixes tradition and contemporary creativity shaping delicious results such as Grilled eggplant salad.
Although at first it might not seem as a dish for everybody, if you taste it only once, you will realize how a distinctive taste can be so popular to people of all ages.
Eggplant is one of the healthiest food choices since it contains vitamins B1, B6, B3, K and potassium in just 35 calories. It is mostly used to make salads yet when grilled it offers a unique tasting experience that excites even those who know about fine cuisine.
Find out here how we cook grilled eggplant salad and enjoy another extraordinary experience that food in Skopelos unveils to you.
- We preheat grill to medium
- Then, we cut stripes in each eggplant peel and then slice them into rounds about half inch thick.
- We place the eggplants on a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with a bit of salt.
- Then, we grill the eggplant for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until it becomes soft and gets a brown colour.
- In a bowl we mix the other salad ingredients such as garlic, lemon juice, thyme, spearmint, oregano, tomatos and nuts.
- As soon as the eggplants are cooked, we place them on the bowl and mix them with the rest of the vegetables, before placing the mix on a platter.
- The grilled eggplant salad is served with a few crispy Arabian pitas.
Enjoy grilled eggplant salad at a Skopelos restaurant and embrace a new exciting experience while enjoying food in Skopelos.
This post is also available in: Greek