The brilliant recipe of grilled octopus with lemon and olive oil is the secret that all guests desire to uncover during their holidays to Skopelos. Yet they should know that this dish’s deliciousness is no secret at all. The key to make and taste this exquisite recipe is simplicity. Sometimes in contemporary cuisine, mixing all kinds of ingredients can actually hide the fish’s original taste, when the added ingredients’ role is simply to highlight its strength. Skopelos’ chefs, highly experienced and open minded know how to create recipes that allow their key ingredients to shine, such as dishes with grilled octopus.
See below the steps we take to make Grilled octopus with lemon and olive oil. Once again you will be amazed by its taste if you try it during your holidays to Skopelos.
- First, we put the vinegar, lemon zest, garlic and some thyme in a large pot. We add the octopus and cover it (high heat).
- We cook it until the skin colour turns dark purple (about 10 minutes).
- Next, we add 3 cups of water and a bit of salt, and bring to boil uncovered for a couple of hours.
- Then, we remove the octopus and cut it into 8 tentacles, while rubbing off any loose skin, and refrigerate them for about an hour.
- Next, we rub the octopus with olive oil and place it on the grill (high heat), 3 minutes per side.
- When cooked, we cut the tentacles cross-wise into thin chunks and place them in a plate.
- Finally, we season with some lemon juice, salt and pepper before serving it while hot.
Enjoy grilled octopus with lemon and olive oil to understand why simplicity can be so delicious especially during your holidays to Skopelos.
This post is also available in: Greek