Tasting grilled octopus simply is a must experience during your Skopelos holidays.
The local fishermen bring to Skopelos restaurants only the freshest octopuses so when the chefs cook the fish you are able to understand the taste of the sea. The grilled octopus recipe is found in all local restaurant menus due to the recipe’s popularity which grows even more every summer.
Find out how we make grilled octopus and enrich your Skopelos holidays with an exquisite gastronomic experience.
- We fill a large pot with water and add some pepper, laurel, onions, some ouzo and then the octopus and bring to a boil.
- We simmer uncovered for at least 1 hour until the octopus is soft.
- While waiting for the octopus to boil we create the salad by mixing in a bowl onions, spinach, olives and sundried tomatoes. We place the salad on the plate.
- In the meantime we make our signature vinaigrette sauce by mixing together in a separate bowl: balsamic, olive oil, salt, pepper and tomato sauce.
- After the octopus is boiled, we take the octopus and cut it to pieces before placing it on the preheated grill (high heat).
- We let it grill for 5-6 minutes, until it gets a brownish colour.
- We place the octopus on the plate next to the salad and rinse with the vinaigrette.
Try out grilled octopus and pair it with some ouzo when ordering a drink. This way you will enjoy the recipe the way locals do! Enjoy the experience in all fine Skopelos restaurants.
This post is also available in: Greek