Your holidays in Skopelos become even a more enjoyable experience when you taste the local shrimp risotto recipe.
It is a light meal that fills you up instantly and allows you to continue your island explorations full of energy. Shrimp risotto is not an easy meal to make.
Fresh shrimp is a must in order for the recipe to reflect the aromas of the sea. The most important of all though is to be extra careful while cooking the shrimp in order to be served juicy yet well-cooked.
Take a look on how we cook Shrimp risotto and find your new favourite dish during your holidays in Skopelos!
- We heat a stockpot and add extra virgin olive oil and onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Then, we add the rice and cook it for extra 3 minutes before adding white wine. We let the mix get cooked for about 5 minutes.
- In another sauté pan over medium heat we add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. We season the shrimp with salt and pepper, add it to the pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- While the shrimp is getting cooked, we add to the pan celery, garlic cloves, fennel, carrots and one orange and cook for extra 3 minutes. We add butter if needed and season with salt and pepper.
- When both the risotto and the shrimp are cooked, we place them on a serving plate, first the risotto and then the shrimp on top.
Taste this delicious recipe and embrace your newfound love for shrimp pasta during your holidays in Skopelos!
This post is also available in: Greek