Most Skopelos hotels are known for the exquisite cuisine of their restaurants. The recipes they select to present on their menus are only the finest traditional recipes the island has to offer, such as steamed mussels. This dish’s popularity is not just a trend of the recent years. Every summer Skopelors visitors enjoy it many times during their stay not only because it is delicious but for having many healthy benefits. Mussels are a low-fat high protein source as well as an excellent source of selenium and vitamins B12 and C. So, select it as a main meal or an appetizer for all your friends to share with during your summer vacation in Skopelos in order to taste something delicious that is also good for you!
Read below our steamed mussels recipe, found in the menu of the best Skopelos hotels and restaurants.
- First of all we wash the mussels thoroughly. We discard any mussels with broken shells.
- We place a pan on a medium heat and add olive oil, a glass of white wine and some pepper and then we toss the mussels.
- Next, we cover lightly with a lid and cook for about 4-5 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time so the mussels are cooked evenly.
- The mussels are cooked when all shells have opened (the unopened ones are discarded).
- Finally, we place the mussels on a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley. They are served with slices of lemon on the side.
Find delicious steamed mussels for lunch or dinner at all good Skopelos hotels and restaurants.
This post is also available in: Greek